1. Officiating checks were dropped off at Duffy’s for the first half of the year. The second half will be distributed monthly. If only one individual from a team officiated, that check will be cut to just that individual. If a team had more than one individual officiate, the check will be cut to the team manager who is then responsible for making sure the individuals get paid. There is a slip in each envelope showing who officiated which games.
2. The schedule for the second half of the season has been posted. Mandan Parks and Recreation informed us that their All Seasons Arena will not be open on New Year’s Day. Bismarck was able to accommodate for this, but games were scheduled earlier than normal. Please check game times AND locations closely. Adjustments will try to be made if they do not work. Schaumberg has the two early games: 2:15-3:15 and 3:30-4:30.
3. Dibs for officiating for the second half of the season will be posted early next week.
4. There will be a managers meeting on Thursday the 29th at 8:30PM in the VFW Curling Room. Second half of the year team fees will be due at this time, or prior to this meeting. Outstanding team fees are as follows: Mullet - $850, Hollevoet - $850, Dakota Sanitation - $850, Rasmussen - $150
5. Items to discuss will be as follows (Managers please try to get a feel from your team for some of these topics to bring to the table to discuss):
1. Double rostering: Is this an issue and how can it be resolved. Possible solution – the game can take place, but if a roster check is initiated, the team must have all their players rostered on the website. Failure do so would result in a forfeit, no matter if they won the game or not.
2. Should officials be able to drink beer (in the penalty box) between period breaks?
3. How is officiating going thus far – what can be done if it has been poor?
4. Should teams be able to drink beer (on the bench) between periods?
5. Western Shootout: tentative dates – March 10-12. Open bracket draw held at the TBT Main Sponsor’s bar (FYI, MAHL has to accommodate out of town team requests, local team requests, etc, which might make this challenging). Any suggested changes to the tournament? PLAYERS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE OTHER CONCERNS TO BE BROUGHT UP DURING THIS MEETING.
6. There will be NO games this week – Merry Christmas everyone!